Tuesday, 23 December 2014
Tuesday, 2 December 2014
Saturday, 22 November 2014
Sunday, 16 November 2014
Sunday, 9 November 2014
A Pallass warbler was found at sheepcote this morning, it was in sycamores at the southernmost end of 'the crescent' but was only present for a matter of seconds. It flew in from across the road with 2 goldcrests but seemed to disappear and we could not relocate it. A Lapland bunting was also heard.
Sunday, 26 October 2014
Sunday, 19 October 2014
Saturday, 18 October 2014
Tuesday, 14 October 2014
So that's it then, back to work today, shame as theres obviously stuff out there waiting to be found. Me and me bro had the 3rd-13th off work and once again thinking big was the way to go, unfortunately this is sussex and a couple of padder finds was the best we could do. My best find was a rose coloured starling (my 4th county find), whilst Ian bagged a barred warbler and yellow browed. Birding was quite hard work, with not a lot generally going on from day to day, over head still no siskins or redpoll but loads of reed buntings. Other bits and bobs included tawny pipit 7th (not found, present previous day), 2 firecrest in Harry's bush (11th), 5 ring ouzels and 93 Brent geese sheepcote (11th), woodlark sheepcote (12th) and little gull at the res (13th). However, also a contender for best find was a wood warbler which spent 3 days in ovingdean up to the 13th. The latest county record i think. On the final day, a juv male goshawk complete with jesses was in Harry's bush. Roll on next year!
Tuesday, 9 September 2014
Saturday, 6 September 2014
Saturday, 23 August 2014
Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Saturday, 16 August 2014
Sunday, 20 July 2014
Tuesday, 8 July 2014
Monday, 23 June 2014
Sunday, 22 June 2014
Saturday, 21 June 2014
Monday, 2 June 2014
Sunday, 25 May 2014
Saturday, 17 May 2014
Monday, 5 May 2014
few old pics below and todays serin above. i first heard this bird whilst seawatching and it was very mobile, never landing for more than a few seconds, once on the cliff face itself. 80 poms were off newhaven and on the way home found 2 delightful wood sands in the ouse valley.
Thursday, 24 April 2014
Wednesday, 23 April 2014
what the fuck sos! there is no fucking way that somebody elses initials should appear on the raddes at sheepcote. I found it and id'd it, so why does someone who merely took a picture of it get his initials. as I haven't yet submitted the record personally this makes it all the more annoying. the sos is shit, always has been, always will be, and its this kind of action that really pisses me off.
Monday, 21 April 2014
Friday, 18 April 2014
Thursday, 17 April 2014
Wednesday, 16 April 2014
Sunday, 13 April 2014
Saturday, 12 April 2014
Monday, 7 April 2014
Saturday, 5 April 2014
Sunday, 30 March 2014
Monday, 17 March 2014
Thursday, 13 March 2014
Saturday, 1 March 2014
Wednesday, 26 February 2014
Tuesday, 25 February 2014
sat: walked from the marina to the pier finding the following dead birds: 21 razorbills, 9 guillemots, 7 kittiwakes, 5 starlings and a fulmar. I actually walked all the way to shoreham harbour but the totals fell dramatically with just 5 razorbills and a gannet between the pier and the harbour. I walked ovingdean, rottingdean and saltdean beaches in the evening finding more auks and kittiwakes.
Thursday, 20 February 2014
- 16 feb: walked from the pier to the marina finding the following dead birds: 20 razorbills, 2 guillemots, 1 puffin (which I took home), 3 fulmars, 5 starlings and 4 kittiwakes.
- 14 feb: 2 dead puffins (which I took home) and a dead fulmar on the beach at brighton marina. also 2 dead kittiwakes further along the beach.
- 12 feb: walked from the pier to the marina finding 2 dead kittiwakes. another dead kittiwake on ovingdean beach.
- 11 feb: Caspian gull in the Cuckmere.
- 10 feb: walked from brighton marina to shoreham harbour finding the following dead birds: 9 razorbills, 2 guillemot, a shag and a gannet. I then walked newhaven beach and collected the dead puffin found the previous day. on the beach were 3 razorbills a kittiwake and a bunch of mute swan feathers.
- 8 feb: Caspian gull and kittiwake at Arlington.
- 6 feb: 2 Caspian gulls and a little gull at Arlington.
- 26 jan: Caspian gull in the Cuckmere.
- 25 jan: 'neck collared jackdaw' at woodingdean.
- 22 jan: Caspian gull at the marina.
- 18 jan: Caspian gull at Arlington.
- 12 jan: Caspian gull at the marina.
- 3 jan: Caspian gull in the Cuckmere.
- 31 dec: probable Viking gull on roedean golf course.
- 22 dec: 8 two barred crossbills broomhead res.
- 14/15 dec: another one of those crazy weekends with gulls everywhere. 20+ Caspian gulls were seen in the Cuckmere, Arlington, Newhaven west beach and on seaford head itself. the gull roost at Arlington was huge with massive numbers of lbbgs. on the Saturday, a 3rd winter 'Azorean type' yellow legged gull roosted.
- 5 dec: 2 Caspian gulls at Arlington.