Wednesday, 26 February 2014
Tuesday, 25 February 2014
sat: walked from the marina to the pier finding the following dead birds: 21 razorbills, 9 guillemots, 7 kittiwakes, 5 starlings and a fulmar. I actually walked all the way to shoreham harbour but the totals fell dramatically with just 5 razorbills and a gannet between the pier and the harbour. I walked ovingdean, rottingdean and saltdean beaches in the evening finding more auks and kittiwakes.
Thursday, 20 February 2014
- 16 feb: walked from the pier to the marina finding the following dead birds: 20 razorbills, 2 guillemots, 1 puffin (which I took home), 3 fulmars, 5 starlings and 4 kittiwakes.
- 14 feb: 2 dead puffins (which I took home) and a dead fulmar on the beach at brighton marina. also 2 dead kittiwakes further along the beach.
- 12 feb: walked from the pier to the marina finding 2 dead kittiwakes. another dead kittiwake on ovingdean beach.
- 11 feb: Caspian gull in the Cuckmere.
- 10 feb: walked from brighton marina to shoreham harbour finding the following dead birds: 9 razorbills, 2 guillemot, a shag and a gannet. I then walked newhaven beach and collected the dead puffin found the previous day. on the beach were 3 razorbills a kittiwake and a bunch of mute swan feathers.
- 8 feb: Caspian gull and kittiwake at Arlington.
- 6 feb: 2 Caspian gulls and a little gull at Arlington.
- 26 jan: Caspian gull in the Cuckmere.
- 25 jan: 'neck collared jackdaw' at woodingdean.
- 22 jan: Caspian gull at the marina.
- 18 jan: Caspian gull at Arlington.
- 12 jan: Caspian gull at the marina.
- 3 jan: Caspian gull in the Cuckmere.
- 31 dec: probable Viking gull on roedean golf course.
- 22 dec: 8 two barred crossbills broomhead res.
- 14/15 dec: another one of those crazy weekends with gulls everywhere. 20+ Caspian gulls were seen in the Cuckmere, Arlington, Newhaven west beach and on seaford head itself. the gull roost at Arlington was huge with massive numbers of lbbgs. on the Saturday, a 3rd winter 'Azorean type' yellow legged gull roosted.
- 5 dec: 2 Caspian gulls at Arlington.